Arts Alive! is a juried, artisan and crafter's program that offers a unique and high profile opportunity for local artists to showcase and sell their original, handmade artwork.
Through the presence of artists, this program helps enhances the overall ambience of our community parks. In addition, local artists are provided the opportunity to expose their art to new audiences, network with fellow artists, and continue to develop their skills.
We are currently undertaking a review of the program and anticipate posting the new guidelines and updated application forms by late April 2014.
Generally, the program runs during key summer months in Kelowna's City Park (1600 Abbott Street). In July and August, the program expands into Kerry Park (1480 Mills St) on Friday and Saturday evenings to run in conjunction with the free Parks Alive! concerts. If you wish to only attend during the Friday and Saturday Parks Alive! events, then you want to join the "Arts Alive! @ Parks Alive!" program. An application can be downloaded below.
There are 32 "Arts Alive!" spots available each month in City Park. The "Arts Alive! at Parks Alive!" program has room for up to 20 artists each weekend. Artisans can choose from a variety of very reasonably priced permits.
The first application deadline is expected to be May 1st to 15th, 2014. After this initial intake, applications will be accepted until all the spots are filled for each month.
Arts Alive! Application Process... 1, 2, 3
1. Artists and crafters submit an application with a variety of samples of the art they intend to sell.
2. Once approved by the Review Committee, artists are contacted and invited to schedule a meeting with the Program Coordinator, Ryan Donn, to purchase their permit (cash or cheque), to select an assigned space (for season permit holders), and to discuss program guidelines.
3. All participants must also purchase a "Home Handicraft Business License" from the City of Kelowna and provide a copy to Festivals Kelowna.
Items to note:
- All assigned spaces are allocated on a "first-come, first served" basis (no exceptions)
- After 1:00 p.m. daily, if an assigned space remains empty then it is available for any participant's use
- Following this initial call for applicants, remaining spaces are allocated as available. Due to the program's popularity and the limited number of spaces, we cannot guarantee availability so we encourage you to apply early.
- New applicants, or previous applicants with previously unreviewed or approved items must have their artwork reviewed by the committee. However, the Review Committee isonly be assembled when there are sufficient applications to review.
Download "Arts Alive! at Parks Alive!" application here.