“Celebrate Canada Day – Kelowna” is an annual, free, community festival held at multiple locations along our lakefront and in the Cultural District. It is produced through collaboration between Festivals Kelowna, Folkfest, the Kelowna City Band, and many other community organizations.
Activities are held from 11 am to 10:30 pm in Waterfront, Stuart and Kerry parks, as well as Prospera Place bringing residents and visitors together to celebrate our Nation’s birthday through interactive and drop-in activities, food, local artisans, and live performances. With a goal to be inclusive, activities are multi-generational, family-friendly, and designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and tastes.
"So grateful for an organization like Festivals Kelowna to help put on amazing free events for the community and to help enthuse and infuse our community with culture through programs like the Buskers program and Pianos in the Park and all the free music they provide all summer long! Great job and keep up the good work!"
Canada Day 2022 Preview
The Kelowna Canada Day celebration is produced as a community partnership between Festivals Kelowna, Folkfest, the Kelowna City Band, and our many activity partners.
- Official Celebrate Canada Day Ceremonies, including a “Happy Birthday Canada” cake presented by Coldwell Banker
- 47th Annual Kelowna Folkfest Celebrations – presenting Canada’s cultural mosaic through culinary experiences and live performances
- 4th Annual Canada Day Concert presented by the Kelowna City Band
Waterfront Park features the 23rd annual “Celebrate Canada Day-Kelowna” including:
- Taste of Canada – a food fair featuring a variety of tasty treats from over 17 different vendors
- Made in Canada Marketplace – an artisan showcase of handmade, Canadian arts and crafts
- Canada Day Bazaar – a marketplace of unique items by local small businesses
- Community Groups Display – information displays by local community organizations
- Canada Day at the Kelowna Art Gallery – drop by the gallery for plenty of Canada Day art fun and activities
- Folkfest Stage (Prospera Place) 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- C21 Kid’s Zone (Pioneer Gardens, Waterfront Park) 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Parks Alive! Power Stage (Island Stage) 12:30 – 9:30 pm
- TD Beach Stage (Tugboat Beach) 12:30 – 9:50 pm
- Kiwanis Family Stage (Pioneer Gardens) 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Youth Stage (Jim Stuart Park) 7:00 – 9:45 pm
- Telus Blues Stage (400 Block, Bernard Ave) 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- Kelowna City Band Canada Day Concert (Prospera Place), 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
- Canada Day Fireworks presented by the City of Kelowna and Shoreline Piledriving (10:00 pm) – NEW! earlier start time
Admission to the festival is free but donations are greatly appreciated and help support the costs of this celebration.
Volunteers with donation bins will be located at the entrances to Waterfront Park and at the entertainment stages.
NEW this year you can use your phone to “TAP” and donate! Look for the digital donate sign at each Info booth into Waterfront Park.
Your donations help keep the Canada Day Celebrations free and accessible to all.
A special thanks
We thank our generous, community-minded sponsors and partners for their investment in the community.